Do you have some questions about your measurement system?
- How much of your variation is due to the measurement system repeatability?
- Do different operators have the same repeatability?
- How much of your variation is due to the reproducibility?
- Does bias exsits between the operators?
- Is the measurement system a first, second, third or fourth class monitor?
- How much of a reduction in a process signal does the measurement system cause?
- What ability does the measurement system have to track process improvements?
- Is the measurement increment correct?
The Gage R&R analysis in the SPC for Exel software contains the methodology for analyzing a Gage R&R study outlined by Dr. Donald Wheeler in his book Evaluating the Measurement System. This methodology answers all these questions and more. The video below shows in detail how to setup a Gage R&R study and analyze using the EMP methodology in the software.
For more information on the other techniques included in the measurement systems analysis/Gage R&R portion of the SPC for Excel, click here. These other options include the ANOVA method, average and range method, destructive (nested) Gage R&R, linearity, bias, and attribute Gage R&R.