This help page shows how to setup and run at Type 1 Gage Study. The data used can be downloaded at this link.
1. To start the analysis, select "MSA" from the "Analysis" panel on the SPC for Excel ribbon. Then select "Gage R&R Studies" and "Type 1 Gage Study".
2. A Type 1 Gage Study worksheet is added to the workbook. This is where you enter the information and results.
3. Enter the information into the top part of the worksheet. There is a comment in each cell in rows 3 to 14 in column A that explain the entry. Each entry is explained below.
- Study: optional, name of study
- Date: optional, date Gage R&R performed
- Gage: optional, name of gage
- Characteristic: optional, characteristic being measured
- Operator: optional, name of operator performing the repeated measurements
- Analyzed By: optional, name of person doing the analysis
- USL: required to have USL and/or LSL
- LSL: required to have USL and/or LSL
- % Tolerance for Cg: required percent of tolerance used to calculate Cg; default is 20
- Standard Deviation Multiplier: required default is 6; study variation is this number times the standard deviation; 6 captures 99.73% of the measurements
- Measurement Increment: required used to determine if resolution is less than or equal to 5% of the tolerance
- Reference Value: required used to determine bias
4. Enter the sample number, result, and comment (optional).
5. The results are now ready to be analyzed. To analyze the results, select "MSA" from the "Analysis" panel on the SPC for Excel ribbon.
6. The option to add a data table to the report is displayed. Select yes or no.
7. A worksheet containing the output of the detail or summary report analysis is added to the workbook. A pdf file containing the detailed report with a description of the output is given at this link. The output includes:
- Statistics such as average and standard deviation
- Run chart
- Capability assessment
- Histogram with reference value
- Data table
See the link above for more information on the output.