What distribution models my data the best?
- Something else?
Watch a Quick Video Highlighting Our Distribution Fitting Capabilities
Join the Thousands of Professionals in Over 80 Countries Who Use SPC for Excel for Process Improvement Efforts!
Distribution Fitting and SPC for Excel
Sometimes you are not sure what type of distribution your data follows. Our SPC for Excel software makes it easy to fit distributions. The software includes 14 distributions that can be fitted to your data:
- Exponential - Two Parameter
- Gamma - Three Parameter
- Largest Extreme Value
- LogLogistic - Three Parameter
- LogNormal - Three Parameter
- Smallest Extreme Value
- Weibull - Three Parameter
Distribution Fitting Features
Individual Distribution Pages
- Best-fit parameter estimations
Empirical (data) histogram plotted versus model probability density function
P-P plot (empirical continuous distribution function vs theoretical continuous distribution function)
- Summary Page
- Models rated by AIC (Akaike information criterion)
- Anderson-Darling statistics (with p value) and LRT (likelihood ratio test) for goodness of fit
- Shape, location, scale and threshold
- Easy to navigate from summary page to individual distribution